This article describes settings necessary to connect Payment Center with your PayPal account.
PayPal Payments Pro Account
Follow the Gateway Setup below to obtain a PayPal account (that is if you don’t have one already).
- Sign up for PayPal Payments Pro. You can apply by following this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_pro-nonpro-welcome&from_ppip=wp_pro
- Once you have your account setup, login to your account and follow the steps below (Note that the following steps were current at the time of this writing. Please contact PayPal if you have difficulties obtaining your API credentials):
- Go to My Account tab | Profile. Click Request API Credentials
- Click Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions
- Click Request API Credentials
- Select Request API Signature, then click Agree and Submit
- You will be presented with your API credentials. Please make a note of these values because they will be needed in order to setup the connection between Payment Center and PayPal. Click Done.
Payment Center Settings
- Login to your Salesforce account and go to Payment Center Settings tab.
- In the Payment Processors related list, click PayPal.
- Edit PayPal and enter your API credentials in the Live Settings section. Enter API Live User, API Live Password and API Live Signature, as shown below:
- Test your connection by clicking the Test Connection button. If your connection failed, ensure that your API credentials are correct.
- If you require the security code (CVV2) for every payment, check Require CVV2 box.
Payment Center comes pre-installed with PayPal test account. You may use the account to see how payment works. To use the test account, ensure that the Live flag is unchecked:
- Go to Payment Center Settings tab. Under Payment Processors section, click PayPal.
- Live flag should be unchecked, as shown below:
To do a test payment transaction, do the following:
- Go to Payments tab then click New.
- Select PayPal as the Payment Processor.
- Use the following credit card information:
- Credit Card Type : Visa
- Name on Card : Any name
- Credit Card Number : 4507611026930648
- Expiration : Any future date
- Follow onscreen instructions until you successfully process the payment.
- To go live, go to Payment Center Settings tab. Under Payment Processors related list, click PayPal.
- Check Live and Use As Default boxes, then click Save, as shown below:
- Also ensure that your PayPal account is in live mode.