Recurring Invoices are processed by a scheduler that runs on specified intervals.
The job of the scheduler can be summarized as follows:
- Wakes up at the specified time and looks for all recurring invoices that are due for billing.
- For Auto-BillPay invoices, the scheduler processes payments automatically and emails payment receipts.
- For Non Auto-BillPay, the scheduler simply emails invoices.
The scheduler can be set to run hourly, daily, weekly or monthly.
Carry out the following to setup the scheduler:
- Go to Payment Center Settings tab.
- Under Recurring Invoice Scheduler, set the desired Schedule.
- Previous Fire Date – displays the last time the scheduler ran.
- Next Fire Date – displays the next time the scheduler will run.
- Time – time of the day the scheduler runs. This setting does not apply for hourly schedule.
- Notification Email – every time the scheduler completes its job, it will send an email to this address listing the invoices processed, broken down into successful and failed invoices.
- Carry Over Revolving Balance – when checked, remaining balances will be rolled over into the latest invoice. More information can found here: https://kulturra.com/?p=1472
Starting/Stopping the Scheduler
- To activate the scheduler, click Start, as shown below: NOTE: For a recurring invoice to be processed by the scheduler, it has to be marked Active. This can be done at the Recurring Invoice level.
- Click Stop to suspend all recurring invoice processing. NOTE: Individual invoices can be deactivated at the Recurring Invoice level.