This article describes settings necessary to connect Payment Center with your Authorize.Net account.
Follow the Gateway Setup below to obtain an Authorize.Net account (that is if you don’t have one already).
- Sign up for Authorize.Net Online Payment Services. You can apply online by following this link.
- When signing up, ensure that your account has the AIM API enabled.
- Once you have your account setup, login to your account and follow the steps below: (Note that the following steps were current at the time of this writing. Please contact Authorize.NET if you have difficulties obtaining your API credentials)
- Go to Merchant Profile, ensure that Payment Gateway is enabled
- Go to Account tab | Settings. Click API Login ID and Transaction Key
- Enter the answer to the secret question to obtain API Login ID and Transaction Key then click Submit
- You will be presented with your API credentials. Please make a note of these values because they will be needed in order to setup the connection between Payment Center and Authorize.Net. Click Continue.
For more information on obtaining API Login ID and Transaction Key, follow this link to Authorize.Net’s videos: http://www.authorize.net/videos/. Look for API Login ID and Transaction Key.
Payment Center Settings
- Login to your Salesforce account and go to Payment Center Settings tab.
- In the Payment Processors related list, click Authorize.Net.
- Edit Authorize.NET and enter your API credentials in the Live Settings section. Enter your Authorize.NET API Login ID in API Live User and your transaction key in API Live Transaction Key:
- Test your connection by clicking the Test Connection button. If your connection has failed, ensure that your API credentials are correct.
- If you require the security code (CVV2) for every payment, check Require CVV2 box.
Payment Center comes pre-installed with a test Authorize.Net account. You may use the account to see how payment works. To use the test account, ensure that the Live flag is unchecked:
- Go to Payment Center Settings tab. In the Payment Processors related list, click Authorize.Net.
- Live flag should be unchecked, as shown below:
To do a test payment transaction, do the following:
- Go to Payments tab then click New.
- Select Authorize.Net as the Payment Processor.
- Use the following credit card information:
- Credit Card Type : Visa
- Name on Card : Any name
- Credit Card Number : 4111111111111111
- Expiration : Any future date
- Follow onscreen instructions until you successfully process the payment.
- To go live, go to Payment Center Settings tab. Under Payment Processors related list, click Authorize.Net.
- Check Live and Use As Default boxes, then click Save:
- Also ensure that your Authorize.Net account is in live mode.